"Welcome to my office."
Selected "America's Top Podiatrists by Consumer Research Council of America"
"Featured Podiatrist in Vogue Magazine, Podiatric Management, and USA today"
Welcome to Medical Arts Podiatry Associates We are a full service podiatry practice serving the Center City and suburban Philadelphia areas including the zip codes 19102 and 19103.
Dr. Bruce B. Zappan ensures the highest quality patient care and service. Dr. Zappan is fully trained to evaluate all foot and ankle problems for both adults and children.
Dr. Zappan is board certified and highly trained to treat all your podiatric problems. He provides modern technology with old fashioned concern.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any of your podiatric concerns.
Reasons to see a podiatrist
25% of the bones of the body are in the feet. There are 26 bones in the foot that must last a lifetime. Any pain in your feet or ankles is not normal.
Pain in your feet may be due to:
- Heel spurs
- Joint pain from arthritis
- Any burning, numbness or tingling may be due to signs of diabetes, pinched nerves or neuroma.
- Discoloration of the toenails from fungus
- Pain along nail borders due to ingrown toenails
- Slowly healing wounds, discoloration or dryness to the feet from diabetes or athletes foot
- Swelling due to poor circulation or infection
Most systemic problems such as diabetes and cardio problems manifest locally within the feet.
Most sports medicine problems require R.I.C.E. (Rest Ice Compression Elevation)
Many of these problems can be treated with strappings, injections, immobilization and orthotic devices.